Hit And Run
Hit and Run
Why Drivers Hit and Run?
A driver proven guilty of a hit and run may face serious consequences such as imprisonment, parole or probation, loss of driving privileges and significant fines. These potential consequences instigate fear to drivers which motivate them to protect themselves and to leave the vehicle accident scene. Below are some of the common reasons why drivers flea:
Handling a Hit and Run
Whatever the driver’s reasons are for leaving the scene, the victim is always left in utter shock, immense stress and devastating damages. If you have been a victim and left alone in the scene of an accident, it will help you to stay as calm as possible and do the following:
- See where the driver goes and do not pursue them. It is safer to stay at the scene of a car accident and let the police officers gather evidence for the incident.
- Gather as much information as you can. Take note of the vehicle’s appearance, model and plate number of the car that hit you.
- Notify authorities and make a police report as soon as possible. This will increase the chances of the police finding the driver within the radius of the accident scene.
- Contact your insurance provider.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. Hit and run lawyers in Ventura and Oxnard have better knowledge in handling this kind of case and will pursue your compensation rights.